For a long time, I only discussed my female health problem with family and close friends. Considered it my own personal issue, something people probably didn’t want to know about. My upbringing taught me you keep your personal life private and you just don’t share personal things like this. Whelp, it’s a new day and I’m attempting to be brave and bold in an effort to help other women with the same issue. Hopefully, sharing my story about uterine fibroids will empower the next woman to better understand their body, their choices for treatment, and ultimately feel better!
My story started 3 yrs ago when I had an ultrasound displaying various growths comprised of muscle and fibrous tissue called uterine fibroids. Before the ultra sound, I wasn’t familiar with the term "fibroid" and the full extent of damage they may cause. Each year during my annual exam my doctor would casually mention the growths are harmless and we will monitor them. Harmless.........Yeah right!!! Until, they grow and start occupying your entire precious uterus. She also forgot to mention if the fibroids continue to grow eventually they will have to be removed or treated via surgery or a heavy dose of hormone suppression drugs with side effects of early menopause. If I would have known the abnormal growths from the gates of hell would become a real issue, I would have changed my entire mindset regarding my health.
Fast forward to January 2016, not surprisingly I started to have some of the symptoms associated with fibroids like, frequent urination, constipation, and abdominal bloating. Waking up in the morning with my stomach resembling a pregnant woman in her final trimester is not my idea of bringing sexy back. This was my official wake up call and the next day I made an appointment with my gynecologist.
During the examination the doctor was not alarmed by the current size of my stomach and used medical phrases like it's 18 weeks in size. She also shared some of her previous surgeries she performed to remove fibrioids. After explaining her prize winning watermelon size fibroid removal story, she proceeded to give me 2 pitiful options: surgery or drugs! What immediately started to replay in my head is - I'm a 36 year old African American single female with no kids. Not completely sure why doctors tell patients to treat fibroids like they are a normal occurrence and we have nothing to worry about. Perhaps, it gives them the green light to perform surgery or prescribe us a new “clinical trial” hormone suppressant drug the pharmaceutical rep bribed them to try out in exchange for a trip to Aruba………. But I digress.
Being a woman with a full active life, and feeling that I wanted to "keep my original parts”, surgery and taking medicine was not an option. So I kindly told my gynecologist to keep her geeked up surgery stories to herself and I will see her in 1 month. At the time I walked out of the hospital scared and confused but determined to shrink the abnormal demons trying to set up shop within my feminine goodies.
My first step was to consult several doctors to get a second and third opinion only to receive the same response (surgery or drugs). Really??? So I took matters into my own hands and engulfed myself in research and read over 80% of women will be diagnosed with fibroids by the age of 50. Why? What is the root cause? During my research I stumbled across the key that unlocked my healing. There’s a direct correlation between fibroids, the function of your liver and estrogen imbalance. Basically, the foods we consume play a major part in the development and growth of uterine fidroids.
If dietary choices can so drastically impact my fibroid suffering, imagine what simple nutritional changes could do for my body. From that day forward I made a conscious decision to not let anything or anyone stand in my way. Operation "Get Healed" was officially in full effect.
My 7 step holistic regimen and what naturally healed my body:
1. Drastically limit your consumption of simple carbohydrates, refined sugar and processed foods.
2. Incorporate organic foods as much as possible. Food packed with hormones, specifically meat, feed the fibroid.
3. Juice beets, spinach, kale, ginger, and turmeric daily to detox the liver. Also add fresh turmeric to your juice and tea. Or take 3 or more turmeric capsule 3 x daily. This will decrease inflammation and stop excessive bleeding and pain. I add raw turmeric to my dandelion root tea every day.
4. Take an active dose of systemic enzymes 3 x daily. My dosage consists of 12 pills daily (6 in the morning and 6 at night). This has aided tremendously in dissolving my fibroids. I use Neprinol and Fibrovera from Arthur Andrew Medical
5. Exercise a minimum of 30 mins daily four to five times a week.
6. Avoid consuming anything packaged in plastic. Bottled water is the major culprit of estrogen imbalance.
7. THE MOST EFFECTIVE TREATMENT: Do castor oil packs every other day. I use Jamaican black castor oil by Island Tropic. Referenced article - http://fibroidnaturaltreatment.com/castor-oil-health-remedies-for-fibroids/
TIP: Weight control and diet helped to decrease the fibroids. A diet that limits red meat and is rich in green leafy vegetables, fruit, and fish is VERY beneficial.
Some of my favorite elimination guide books: http://gochefahki.com/product/fibroid-recipe/ & http://www.fibroidelimination.com/